The Objectives of the Association are:
- To provide an opportunity for the exchange of knowledge, experience and ideas through discussion, study and communication among its members, lawmakers and the banking and financial community.
- To promote the business of professional and compliant self-help repossession, finance adjusting services, location of persons and location of property (the "Profession").
- To educate the financial industry and regulators about the services, benefits, advancements, improvements and valuable contributions of the Profession.
- To develop and establish uniform standards of professional conduct and industry best-practices among Members of the Profession.
- To educate and promote adherence to the legal requirements of the Profession so that the public interest is at all times served and protected by those engaged in the Profession.
- To cooperate with, educate and advise law enforcement agencies engaged in the prosecution of those charged with violating the criminal laws of the United States or the State of MINNESOTA, especially with regard to actions affecting the Profession.
- To promote cooperation with other groups and associations in the common endeavor to advance and enhance the standards of the Profession.
- To provide education, advice and insight to all governmental agencies and lawmaking bodies considering regulatory or statutory requirements for the Profession, or adjustments to requirements already in place, and to champion the cause of self-regulation of all or a portion of the Profession.